Don’t forget! Get your payroll information ready now for your installment activity statement due on the 21st. We’ll help you prepare for your IAS to make lodgement and payment easy and efficient.
Some employers need to pay PAYG withholding liabilities to the ATO monthly, even if the BAS is lodged quarterly. The monthly instalment activity statement (IAS) and payment is due on the 21st, whether you are lodging your own statement or using our lodgement service.
Things to review before finalising the IAS:
- Have you allocated all payroll related bank transactions to the correct accounts?
- Have you checked your payroll detail reports for accuracy?
- Have you classified the different payroll items such as allowances, bonuses or director fees correctly?
- Have you included relevant payroll items or categories at W1 reporting field?
- Do you need to include amounts such as no ABN withholding?
- Have you had to prepare any special pay runs such as termination payments that require manual tax calculation?
Checking the accuracy of the IAS figures each month ensures your statements are more likely to be accurate and less likely to need adjustments at the end of the financial year. This means that issuing annual payment summaries to employees and preparing your ATO payment summary annual report will be straightforward and prompt.
We can assist with preparing your monthly IAS or review your business accounting systems to make sure you are correctly categorising and reporting all pay items. Please do not hesitate to contact us via email at [email protected].