Small businesses ready to take their business to the next level are being encouraged to apply for a Business Boost grant up to $15,000.
Previous Business Boost grant recipients have used the funds to introduce an online booking system, redevelop their website, develop a customised workplace health and safety system or train their staff.
Businesses will need to co-contribute at least 30 per cent of the total cost of their proposed project with grant funding paid to successful small businesses following completion of the project.
To manage applications for the grants, a new two-stage application process has been introduced.
Stage 1 – From 9am 12 August to midnight 19 August small businesses can register interest in the grant program by completing a simple online form that collects basic business information. Businesses invited to complete an application will have two weeks to submit.
The Business Boost grants program provides support to businesses to advance improvements in their efficiency and productivity.
This support includes funded activities in 3 project areas:
- Future planning
- Specialised and automated software
- Staff management, development and planning.
The program is administered by the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT).
How to apply
The grant will open for ROI applications at 9am, 12 August 2022 and close at 11.59pm, 19 August 2022.
Prepare by completing the following steps.
- Read the key documents and information:
- application guidelines
- terms and conditions
- frequently asked questions
- preview of Registration of Interest form
- statutory declaration template (applicable for Stage 2 applicants only)
- choosing a supplier (applicable for Stage 2 applicants only)
- Check your eligibility
- Ensure your Australian Business Register profile for your business is up to date (check ABN status, GST status and main business location)
- Review the sample ROI application form and prepare your answers for when ROI applications open at 9am, 12 August 2022.
You can also subscribe to the Small Business Connect newsletter to keep up to date with the latest information for Queensland small businesses.
For further information about the program, you may email us at [email protected] or contact 1300 844 678.
Check your eligibility
To be eligible for this grant, your business must meet the eligibility criteria and other conditions of the program.